Suggestions about the filters gallery

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jul 26 13:36:13 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 13:18, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> it's also more grammaticaly correct, I will fix that. (hopefully the name
> of the plugin is correct;) )

That's okay.

> I am also willing to sort the filters by categories.

Cool!

> Or maybe, scale the image to 100/MAX(width, height).

I was thinking that that wouldn't work, perhaps with very wide images like
panorama's. It's useful to see as many pixels as possible, I think.

> yep

Nice!

> I agree, for filtersgallery, I was willing to have the previewwidget on
> top, I think the dialog would have been less ridiculous, but it might have
> cause a problem with some configuration widget, and it would have been less
> consistant with the "older" filters dialog.

In general, I feel that preview-on-top is nicer than preview along the side.
Curiously, Digikam isn't all that consistent in its dialog design, but at the
same time, almost all of their dialogs are quite pretty and pleasant to use.

> As for the preview widget, I was wondering if it's really usefull to have
> the original image and the modified image visible at the same time, I think
> that having one image at the same time would be better :
> +----+
>

> +----+
>  toolbar = { switch between original and preview, zoom +, zoom -, switch
> betw autoupdate and not, update, ...}

Yes, something like that; I'm also thinking that it might be nice to have the
preview window resize with the dialog.