Suggestions about the filters gallery

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jul 26 12:42:56 CEST 2005

It's really quite snappy now! There are a couple of things that you may
already be working on for all I know but that I just noticed...

It's more idiomatic to say Filters Gallery than Gallery Filters -- both in the
menu and in the dialog caption. I think it would be prettier have only one
column in the scrollbox, and to avoid a horizontal scrollbar at all costs, by
fixing the horizontal size of the widget. Scaling the image to a square is
distorting the image; maybe scale to the correct height, and then cut the use
a cut from middle of the image for the preview? I guess you're already
working on making the previews in the scrollbox match the filters settings?

Finally, we really need to do a thorough design of our filter dialog widgets;
I'm not convinced the current left-right layout is the best one.