Pixel Image

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Jul 24 13:55:48 CEST 2005

http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi/software :-)

> What I like about the application is the user interface. The palettes don't
> need much space and there is plenty of space left to work. I also think the
> UI looks nice.

Very nice indeed! The author has built his own cross-platform widget set on
top of SDL for this application (which explains why it has been in
development since 1995 or so and can even run on plain ms-dos). One thing
that we must address some time is the non-existence of small versions of
widgets in Qt. Photoshop and pixel use a special, small version of the
widgets for the palettes, and that leaves plenty of room.

> That said, the app doesn't really work well for me and I did not really try
> out what it actually can do,

It can do almost everything; it's a true Photoshop replacement, plus, it can
also do most of the things Idruna's Photogenics can do. Furthermore, it
depends on lcms just like Krita and has a performance test plugin, too :-).