renaming of selection tools

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Wed Jul 13 14:46:53 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 13 July 2005 14:25, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > > One selection tool we really sorely miss is the lasso tool, by the way.
> >
> > Yes, but now that we have "Freehand Select" it should be a bit easier to
> > implement.
>
> It's a quite different thing, the lasso tool should select the closest edge
> between colors near where we paint. That's a different tool, not a
> different paintop. Tools determine where painting occurs, paintops how. But
> a tool that paints against an edge could be very useful outside selections,
> too.
I know what the _magnetic_ lasso tool does. I think you mis-remembered what
Select Freehand does. It is not the selectbrush, but actually what photoshop
calls the lasso. Perhabs we should rename "Select freehand" to "select
outline" or something

The magnetic lasso (when we implement it) we could then call the "Select
magnetic outline"

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann