How to scale selections?

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Fri Jul 1 17:51:47 CEST 2005

On Friday 01 July 2005 17:44, Michael Thaler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just tried what happens when I scale an image with a selection with my
> scaling code. What happens is, that the selection is just untouched
> (however it is extended to the new image size). If the selection is really
> only a layer, it should be straight-forward to scale it, too. How can I do
> this?

the simplest is to just take dev->selection() it returns the selection which
is a paintdevice in itself.

you would probably want to do this inside the paintdevice

BUT just scaling the selection seems wrong. At least the transform visitor
does more than that. It uses the selection to mask out what part of the
source is scaled.

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann