hacking style

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jan 31 21:23:35 CET 2005

On Monday 31 January 2005 21:15, Casper Boemann wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would just like to hear if it would be ok to change the hacking style a
> bit
>
> so that the -> operator doesn't have to have spaces around it like in:
>  objectp -> function()
> but rather be:
>  objectp->function()
>
> We never do it with the . operator and it's actually the same so could we
> please change our style this little bit.

Well... I have a hard time actually seeing the minus sign if there isn't some
nice bit of whitespace before it -- which is why I started to have spaces
around the ->... So I'd really prefer to keep the spaces around. I'm not
going to be fascist about this, though, so it's okay to checkin code that
hasn't got the spaces, but chances are, when I refactor, I'll insert spaces.