Easy layer access for rgb8 filters.

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at physik.tu-muenchen.de
Mon Jan 17 13:18:46 CET 2005

On Monday 17 January 2005 11:57, you wrote:

> Does it matter if it is a little bit larger than actual (I could change to
> a closer fit on the expence of slower iterators). But I don't see a real
> need for a closer fit - why is that important ?

I don't think that it does really matter. It just makes the filter a little
slower because you filter more pixels then actually needed.

As Boudewijn said, couldn't we just track the actual extension of a layer. If
you open a new image, you know the size of the image that represents the
layer. If you paint something, you should also be able to keep track of the
actual extension of the image data in the layer.

I really wouldn't slow down the iterators. If it is not possible to get the
actual extension of the layer, letting the filter process all tiles that
contain image data is just fine and I suppose it will not make the filter
more then 10% slower anyway.

Michael