Easy layer access for rgb8 filters.

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jan 17 10:53:51 CET 2005

On Monday 17 January 2005 10:40, Michael Thaler wrote:

> I know I repeat myself, but imagine you have a 20x20 pixel photo. Now you
> create another layer, say a 20000x20000 pixel landscape. Now you have two
> layers, one 20x20 pixels wide, the other one 20000x20000 pixels wide. Now
> you want to apply a filter to the 20x20 pixel photo.

I haven't got an answer to that either, but I think that for now it's the best
we can do; if you for now assume that convertToQImage(0) will create a QImage
for you that contains the area that the users expect to be filtered (whether
that's currently true or not) you can continue working. In the meantime,
Casper can work on making that assumption true.

By the way, it may be better for memory consumption is you create a QImage for
every scanline, instead of the whole layer in one go.

> Do the iterators know the exact extent of an image? Then one could just use
> a QMemArray instead of a QUANTUM array, iterate over the whole image and
> get the size and the width from the iterators while iterating.

I think you meant layer, here? I'm not sure how the iterators figure out where
to stop...