Autolayer merge done

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Sun Jan 16 09:41:52 CET 2005

On Sunday 16 January 2005 09:28, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Sunday 16 January 2005 09:21, Casper Boemann wrote:
> > Yes KisRectIterator is broken. I never fixed it because I realised that
> > the usage is quite limited so I implemented KisHLineIterator instead.
>
> Maybe we should just get remove it then...
Yes, That's a very real option

> > Those are currenly broken according to boundwijn but
> > I'll take a look, if I get a description of the problem... The selection
> > one is probably better left to cyrille to fix
>
> Well, the high-level iterators should use the low-level iterators to get at
> the array of Q_UINT8 to convert to KisPixel's using the colour strategy. I
> don't know how to do that, so I didn't.
I thought I already did that, but perhabs it doesn't work, do you see an
example of that and where??

> The selection iterators do the same as the high-level iterators but over
> two paint devices: the layer one and the selection. I'm not decided what
> they should return, there are a number of possibilities:
>
> * a KisPixel with the opacitity modified by the selectedness (i.e., not
> selected, completely transparent, completely selected, its own opacity).
>
> * a KisPixel with an extra channel for selectedness.
>
> * skip the pixels that are not at least X selected.
>
> I'm leaning towards option 2, but I'm not sure...
 perhabs:
 * an extra function of the selection iterators that return the selectedness

Anyway I'd like to see this resolved, because with the scale visitor that I'm
intending to fix, I would like to take selection into account.

best regards
Casper Boemann