Autogradient issues

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Jan 5 14:06:38 CET 2005

On Tuesday 04 January 2005 18:54, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > > Maybe a switch in the gradient tool similar to fill (color/pattern) --
> > > autogradient/predefined gradient?
> >
> > Wouldn't that lead to another inconsistency? You would have two activated
> > gradients at a time, but only one brush even though there is also an
> > autobrush.
>
> We might also do like the gimp do, add the gradient to the list of gradient
> (we could do this for the brushes too). I dislike the way the gimp do it,
> but we can also change the gradient when we switch to the autogradient
> widget and every time the user make a modification to the gradient.

Hm, yes -- that's a possiblity. Perhaps combine the autogradient with
the gradient list in one docker tab, and brushes ditto. Sounds like a good
plan; for the rest, I guess we need to experiment a bit, see what works best.

I'm having a funny issue with the brushes, by the way: adding patterns to
$KDEHOME/apps/krita/patterns does show the new patterns in the listbox, but
adding new brushes to $HOME/apps/krita/brushes doesn't seem to work.