Status

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Feb 21 10:02:50 CET 2005

A shortlist of things that are currently broken:

* Keyboard shortcuts (for instance, alt-i selects the autogradient tab instead
of the the menu; maybe we should remove all shortcuts from the docker tabs,
but even within the menus, there are shortcut conflicts)

* Exporting images -- this, and import, too, should be implemented by the
color strategies so we can read & write CMYK and RGB tiff images using
ImageMagick. This shouldn't be too hard to do...

* Rotate image

* Shear image

* In the color wheel, selecing a color won't work when the black-gray bar is
at black, i.e, in the default state. And the bar flickers when selecting
colours..

* Painting with filters doesn't work -> this one of the last places where we
need a conversion from the old style iterators to the new style iterators.

* The duplicate paintop is broken -- this is partly autolayer stuff and partly
me not knowing what is going on, exactly. Both for duplicate and painting
with filter it's necessary, I guess to have access to the state of the paint
device before painting started.

* The Sharpen filter makes the layer completely opaque.

* When playing about with pasted layers, painting, erasing and so on funny
things happen -- paint appears at the wrong place, the eraser doesn't work.

* I still haven't managed to get CMYK(A) working -- all the lcms stuff should
be in place, but I still get garbage. I suspect that the composite ops for
cmyk are very wrong.

* Flatten image doesn't work; it only did a 100x100 square because of
autolayers merge, but I've managed to make it just clear everything to
pure invisibility...

As an aside, I guess we should try to find a smaller alternative for the
integer inpout widgets in the dockers; a slider, a number text field and a
spinner take up to much horizontal space.