impending doom - new layers structure

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Thu Dec 22 12:50:44 CET 2005

Am Donnerstag, 22. Dezember 2005 12:38 schrieb Torsten Rahn:
> Am Donnerstag, 22. Dezember 2005 07:09 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> > I guess our approach is more flexibly, but I'm also
> > thinking it'll be a lot slower

Well the perfect solution would be to only render the style onto the display
once and cache it afterwards until the assigned layer changes or the style
changes. That wouldn't have any additional performance impact at all (just an
organizational one) ;-) So if implemented properly it shouldn't be any slower
than it's now.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards,

        Torsten Rahn

--
Dipl.-Phys. Torsten Rahn, credativ GmbH
Karl-Heinz-Beckurts-Str. 13, 52428 Jülich, Germany
Email: Torsten.Rahn at credativ.de