impending doom - new layers structure

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Dec 22 07:09:55 CET 2005

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Torsten Rahn wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 21. Dezember 2005 21:49 schrieb Bart Coppens:
> > On Wednesday 21 December 2005 20:24, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Ah that's indeed something that would be best served with adjustment
> > layers, since this kind of logic really belongs there and not in the part
> > layer. Also, this will probably make more sense from a user's point of
> > easy to track and easy to configure each seperately (if you keep this kind
> > of stuff in the parts layer it will get messy internally and externally for
> > these kinds of things).
>
> I don't know whether I understood this correctly. How does this concept
> compare to Adobe Photoshop's layer styles? If I got it right I'd guess that
> this concept would enable Krita to "emulate" a similar concept but I'm not
> 100% sure.

It's not completely the same; we intend to make every filter a dynamic layer
effect. If I understand what Photoshop does correctly, then it has a set of
effects that are not the same as filters that can be applied to a layer
or a selection. I guess our approach is more flexibly, but I'm also thinking
it'll be a lot slower and and I'm not sure how to do the glow thing from
one of Photoshop 6's demo's.

Boudewijn