Update on: For the next release

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Aug 22 09:24:05 CEST 2005

On Thursday 11 August 2005 14:04, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> * Colorspacee independence 20%
> 	- make a base class for 8-bit/int, 16-bit/int colorspaces with common code

The base classes are created, but there's not much common code refactored into
the base classes.

> 	- finish 16-bit xyz colorspace as the fallback for the colorspaces
> 	  with incomplete implemetations of the pixel processing functions

Working on that.

> 	- check all filters for use of rgb

> * Colormanagement (60%)
> 	- check pasting of qimages. Krita should ask for a profile.
> 	- check whitepoint/blackpoint
> 	- nice-to-have: out-of-gamut warning
> 	- nice-to-have: cmyk color slider
> * Toolbox (90 %)
> 	- fix last few bugs. Reorder tools, give freehand tool a new icon.

Done

> * Curves widget
> 	- add gradients below and on the left

Done

> 	- anything else?
> * Transform tool
> 	- when using the tool, transform the qimage, not the layer
> 	- on commit, transform the layer
> 	- fix any nasty bugs that are still left
> * Color separation
> 	- Implement all the nice options in the dialog

Half-way done.

> 	- nice-to-have: 16-bit grayscale color model
> * dcop & scripting
> 	- add dcop interfaces to most of core (gives instant scriptability

Working on it; I've got a script to create the base interface classes, but
much work needs to be done to make it usable. And I don't understand dcop
all that well.

> 	- nice-to-have: manage scripts from Krita itself (copy frop Kate or
> 	  kdevelop)
> 	- kiskjsembed (or kross? Cyrille?)
> * Painterly features
> 	- run physics simulation in background with threads or times (essential!
> 	  for these features)
> 	- fix paintops to include bidi color transfer and running-out-of-paint
> * Histogram
> 	- extend with historgram for all channels
> * Tile manager
> 	- malloc cache

Progress?