For the next release

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Thu Aug 11 16:28:27 CEST 2005

On Thursday 11 August 2005 16:16, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> If you use a timer, and every time the timer fires dry only a 10x10 area of
> pixels, and make sure the areas you dry are distributed you might be able
> to fake multithreading.
I don't think the physics code can be easily distributed among tiles. From
what I remember, the drying itself is a simple 'water-=1', but the entire
processing that comes before that is a lot more complicated than that.

> Actually multithread even read-only access to a paint device is something
> that makes Krita crash in really boring ways. No stacktrace, nothing, not
> even an alarm clock.
That sounds very bad. So multithreaded krita will definitely need a lot more
investigation to do. And that's probably not the best thing to spend our time
on if we want to do a release in the near future.