usability feedback.

Mr YouP mr.youp at free.fr
Fri Aug 5 09:57:42 CEST 2005

Thomas Zander a écrit :

>On Friday 5 August 2005 01:16, you wrote:
>

>>>Consider adding 'Control-R' to the 'show ruler' just like in
>>>Photoshop.
>>>

>>Call me sceptic but I happen to think that is a horrible waste of a
>>keybinding for something you shouldn't need to toggle on and off very
>>often.  Is it really something which artist need to toggle on a
>>regularly basis?
>>

>Probably not; I use it in Photoshop quite a lot, but I might not be the
>target audience.
>
>I only mentioned these two keybindings because I use them in Photoshop and
>missed them in Krita.

I permit myself to give my point of view on this aspect. Rules are quite
useless, actually the interrest of rules (in photoshop or gimp) is to be
able to add guides. So the manipulation is often : CTRL+R to show up the
rules, add your guide, CTRL+R to hide the rule which you doesn't care in
fact.

So maybe (for me) the issue is not "should the rule have a shortcut ?"
but "does the guide needs rules to be added ?"

Sincerly.