Krita source & library layout reorganization

Clarence Dang dang at kde.org
Thu Aug 4 14:09:20 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 03 August 2005 06:49, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> The structure I want to propose (but I'm not sure it's possible, I'm not a
> C++ guru yet) is as follows:
>

> krita/
> 	/kritasdk (includes nothing)
> 		/coresdk
> 			/kis_canvas_subject.h
> 	/libkrita (include kritasdk)

A Krita image library would certainly be ideal for KolourPaint.  I am sick of
working around the bugs and esp. the limitations of the current Qt backend.

One thing I keep forgetting to bring up: You need to double check the licenses
of some of the files you intend to put in your core image library.  From
memory, some of them are either GPL or QPL, not LGPL.  This is bad for closed
source apps and also BSD licensed programs such as KolourPaint.  One piece of
code that comes to mind was either the tablet or smooth painting patch which
was derived from QPL code but there was more.

Cheers,
Clarence