KisPreviewWidget idea

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Aug 2 23:40:27 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 02 August 2005 23:32, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here is my proposition for KisPreviewWidget :
> http://lepi.org/~cyb/ideaforpreviewwidget.png
>
> So what do the buttons (they should be replace by icons of course :) ) :
> L : autoupdate or not
> S : switch between original/modified (this button might be put in a corner
> of the image)
> P : display a popup with both the original and the modified version
> Z+/Z- : zoom in/out
> Z : display a popup menu with various zoom possibility (including 100% and
> show all)
>
> And I forgot, the update button :) Anyway the lists of buttons is open for
> discussion.
>
> For the final version, buttons should appears on one line.

I think you've nailed most of the needed functionality, but I'm not sure there
aren't too many buttons; P wouldn't be needed. Maybe we can replace S with
something cooler: a kind of windscreen wiper that you can pass over the
image. Left == original, right == filtered, with a slider triangle on top.
The preview image needs to resizable, too, of course. Of course, that's a pig
to implement :-), so we might need something simpler.