event bugs & selection picker

Melchior FRANZ mfranz at kde.org
Fri Apr 29 22:37:32 CEST 2005

* Adrian Page -- Friday 29 April 2005 22:13:
> The tool's activate() function is called when it becomes active and
> clear() when it becomes inactive, so you could start and stop the timer
> in there.

Sounded good. Unfortunately, the behavior is a bit strange. On tool select
activate() is called twice(!), and then followed by one clear(). When selecting
another tool, the matching second clear() is called. Of course I can count
the activate()s and clear()s to overcome this, but it's suspicious. Is it reliable?

m.