event bugs & selection picker

Adrian Page adrian at pagenet.plus.com
Fri Apr 29 22:13:41 CEST 2005

Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> Although I glanced through all the files, I didn't find the cause. I assume
> that it has to do with the tablet support (because in pure Qt this works as
> it should).
>
> Of course, the way to go is:  fix the keyPress() and the enter() event. But
> this is probably not high on anybody's TODO list. (It isn't on mine, at
> least. :-)

I don't mind having a look into this some time, as I did write the
extended tablet handling code.

>  - don't start and stop the timer? It runs *always* then, no matter if the
>    selection picker is even active. (Would be nice if the tools were told
>    when they become active and inactive.) 20 Hz isn't *that* much, but if
>    everyone does it, it becomes a problem.

The tool's activate() function is called when it becomes active and
clear() when it becomes inactive, so you could start and stop the timer
in there. That's probably the simplest way forward, until the event
system gets sorted out.

Adrian