Absent with leave

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Apr 24 21:20:13 CEST 2005

A long-standing computation error has ensured that my church celebrates
Easter next Sunday. Which means that we have entered the Holy Week this
Sunday, which in turn means that I'll be in Church pretty continuously
from Wednesday night until 7 A.M. Sunday morning.

And 8:15 A.M my train leaves for Schiphol, where I take a plane to Greece
for a rather early celebration of the summer holidays.

All that means that I will do absolutely nothing on Krita until (western)
Whitsunday, three weeks hence, when I will return from Greece. I may
be able to read my mail tomorrow and Monday, but even that is not a
dead cert.

There are a few points of concern with Krita that had better be fixed
before the next deadline, May 24:

* Rotating 90/270 is still broken: with some images it works perfectly,
with others it breaks horribly. I spend a week on this and have become
completely code-blind.

* A number of selection tools (ellipse, freehand, poly) don't do anything
yet. We must either disable them, or fix them.

* The composite op box should show over (normal), multiply, burn & dodge,
and only then the rest of the ops. Those four are the most useful ops.

* The import/export filter still doesn't announce it's capable of
photoshop, and there's something else wrong, too, that I cannot put the
finger too.

That's just the pick of the todo -- please don't let my absence discourage
you, no need to stop fixing todo's just because I'm ogling Athina's
little home-from-home on the Acropolis or enjoying a dish of octopus at
Rolando's restaurant, Hora, Kea.

Boudewijn