how should selections work

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Apr 17 22:44:40 CEST 2005

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005, Adrian Page wrote:

> I have some code that I wrote for kiconedit (which didn't go into cvs)
> that generates the lines along the selection boundary, working from a
> byte mask. I used that to draw marching ants. Krita's canvases tend to
> be a lot larger than icon sizes, but it might be fast enough if updated
> as part of the selection update process. I could have a play with it
> once the release is out of the way.

That would be interesting. When I was working on selections I found I
wasn't even able to come up with an idea that would work. Unless scanning
all scanlines of an image and doing something clever when the difference between
the previous and the current pixel passes a threshold is what would work,
after all... The gimp does something frightfully clever with segments -- I
never grasped that at all.

Boudewijn