how should selections work

Adrian Page adrian at pagenet.plus.com
Sun Apr 17 22:34:44 CEST 2005

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
>>Maybe we can steal some more code from Digikam? The Inpainting plugin does
>>shade the region outside the selected region. The shaded region is not
>>updated in real time like in the crop image plugin in gimp, but it is quite
>>o.k.
>

> The thing is -- their selection is only rectangular, not a byte mask. That
> makes it a lot harder.

I have some code that I wrote for kiconedit (which didn't go into cvs)
that generates the lines along the selection boundary, working from a
byte mask. I used that to draw marching ants. Krita's canvases tend to
be a lot larger than icon sizes, but it might be fast enough if updated
as part of the selection update process. I could have a play with it
once the release is out of the way.

Adrian