how should selections work

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Sun Apr 17 21:02:56 CEST 2005

On Sunday 17 April 2005 20:50, Bart Coppens wrote:
> On Sunday 17 April 2005 20:24, Casper Boemann wrote:
> > Bart or Adrian. the fillpainter currently abuses the selection when no
> > selection exists. If the selection is to be persistent this is no good.
>
> I wouldn't call it abuse, but I admit that it probably could be done nicer.
> The reason I do the setSelection and removeSelection there, is because I
> use bltSelection (which needs the selection of the current paint device) to
> apply the filling to the target device. Probably the best way to solve
> this, is to add another bltSelection method to kispainter, but accepting a
> seperate selection instead of using the device's selection.
I thought of that and since you do too, I think this is a nice way to go. No
new code to speak of, which is good to limit chances of new bugs. And it
evens seems a nice final solution.

Thanks

> > Also the fill is currently different if an area is selected or not. It
> > would be very nice if this could be changed. Is this possible, and easy ?
>
> The fill is using the default behaviour I found with the GIMP. If there is
> something the user selected, fill the entire selection, else do a real
> floodfill.
Ok, fair enough. I suddenly remember you writing something about that a while
ago. But the GIMP way is not correct imho. I think we should do a real
floodfill bounded by the selection if a selection exists.

However this is for after the release.

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann