how should selections work

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Sun Apr 17 20:50:48 CEST 2005

On Sunday 17 April 2005 20:24, Casper Boemann wrote:
> Bart or Adrian. the fillpainter currently abuses the selection when no
> selection exists. If the selection is to be persistent this is no good.
I wouldn't call it abuse, but I admit that it probably could be done nicer.
The reason I do the setSelection and removeSelection there, is because I use
bltSelection (which needs the selection of the current paint device) to apply
the filling to the target device. Probably the best way to solve this, is to
add another bltSelection method to kispainter, but accepting a seperate
selection instead of using the device's selection.
> Also the fill is currently different if an area is selected or not. It
> would be very nice if this could be changed. Is this possible, and easy ?
The fill is using the default behaviour I found with the GIMP. If there is
something the user selected, fill the entire selection, else do a real
floodfill.
It would be possible to add some extra variable to the painter, and let
genericFillEnd check that. But I don't know how it should be added to the
fill tool (and it would require breaking string freeze, I fear).

Bart