Painting on a temporary layer

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Sep 26 22:01:33 CEST 2004

On Sunday 26 September 2004 21:45, Casper Boemann wrote:

> yes listening, and progress is on its way. However I don't think combining
> the undo buffer with functionality of a tool is a good idea. It's better to
> keep things seperate.

Well, if you look at Karbon (or Photoshop) you see a listview that shows all
actions. Each action can be enabled and disabled individually. That's what we
need. And for this tool we need to have a clear separation between the data
as it was when the action started, and the data as it will be when the action
is stopped (this might be useful when we want to implement gradiented or
otherwise effected strokes, too). I.e, during the action you need to have
access to the data as it was when the action started. Designing something
clear and comprehensible that offers that with a good API and a
memory-efficient implementation is, as Bart said, a challenge.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | "Geef mij maar zuurtjes."