Painting on a temporary layer

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Sun Sep 26 14:59:26 CEST 2004

I looked a bit at how I made a new layer in the text tool, and I was able to
get the layer to be displayed. Unfortunately it looks really hacky and awful:
I now use

m_target = dynamic_cast<KisDoc*>(m_subject->document())->layerAdd(
currentImage(), device->width(), device->height(), "temp", OPACITY_OPAQUE);

instead of manually creating a new layer. Not only does it look ugly, it also
has the side effect of this layer suddenly becoming visible in the layer
selection box. And as you feared it's quite slow, so I fear I will have to use
the undo information...

Bart Coppens