Painting on a temporary layer

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Sep 25 15:37:48 CEST 2004

On Saturday 25 September 2004 14:25, Bart Coppens wrote:
> Because painting with the filters invert and emboss didn't quite work the
> way I expected them to, I decided to let them paint on a temporary layer.
> While working it out I found out that the duplicate painting also needs
> this to work like other paint applications, so I made the change there as
> well.

Oh, and something else:

* Instead of fillRect(x,y,w,h, black, transparent) you can do
eraseRect(x,y,w,h)

* And are you sure you don't want to create the temporary layer with the
composite op and the transparency value of the paint tool? I.e, the composite
op/transparency done to show what's going on shouldn't that be the same comp.
op/transp. you're going to flatten this layer onto the target layer with?

--
Boudewijn Rempt | "Geef mij maar zuurtjes."