I'm feeling dim...

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Sep 9 21:27:35 CEST 2004

On Thursday 09 September 2004 21:17, Sven Langkamp wrote:
> Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> >But for the life of me I don't understand the following:
> >
> >given a method KisPainter::bitBlt(..., KisPaintDeviceSP dev,...);
> >
> >and a
> >
> >KisPaintDeviceSP dev = new KisLayer();
> >
> >why do I have to do
> >
> >bitBlt(..., dev.data(), ...); ?
> >
> >I know it works, but it looks wrong, and besides, I cannot figure out
> >whose method data() is -- it looks like it comes from the shared pointer
> >wrapper, but I cannot find it there.
>
> Inherited from KisPaintDevice.

But that's what I don't get -- normally, you use -> to get
the methods of the shared pointered object, so . should point to
the shared pointer wrapper. And KisPaintDevice::data() gives a
tile manager back, not a KisPaintDevice -- which is the type of
the parameter.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | "Geef mij maar zuurtjes."