Dock windows in Karbon, Kivio and Krita

Cyrille Berger cyb at lepi.org
Fri Oct 1 11:44:41 CEST 2004

> The design goals of the KDockMainWindow are different from those of a
> palette-like docker for graphics apps. Maybe we should use KDockMainWindow,
> too, once we offer support for projects, for example. I could also see the
> use of KDockMainwindow in Karbon, to show svg errors in a console. But it's
> not the right thing for a small floating palette with tool options or
> colors.

hum, why ? I had a look at kivio, I don't see any difference, except that some
docker didn't dock (layer...), and they simply refuse to leave the kivio's
window, which is a bad idea, when I have a dual screen working, I like to
have the docker on the second screen. And I know you dislike the "ideal" mode
of kmdi, but I personnaly would realy love to have it. And last argument,
what makes kde a realy good environment, is that all applications share the
same look and feel and ui design.

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---