Dock windows in Karbon, Kivio and Krita

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Oct 1 07:35:12 CEST 2004

On Thursday 30 September 2004 23:43, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > So, I propose to move the kiviodockers to the KOffice UI library, and
> > call the dockers from all three applications. I've volunteered to do that
> > job. I'll write a patch for all three applications and show the patches
> > to the maintainers, and I'm willing to take up maintainership of the
> > docker classes in koffice ui libs.
>
> Why not patch KMainWindow to behave like you want, this way it will benefit
> to all kde applications, you won't have to maintain it.

The design goals of the KDockMainWindow are different from those of a
palette-like docker for graphics apps. Maybe we should use KDockMainWindow,
too, once we offer support for projects, for example. I could also see the
use of KDockMainwindow in Karbon, to show svg errors in a console. But it's
not the right thing for a small floating palette with tool options or colors.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | "Geef mij maar zuurtjes."