Sub-pixel positioning

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Mar 18 14:20:53 CET 2004

On Thursday 18 March 2004 14:14, Adrian Page wrote:

> Yes, it has tilt. Haven't played around with it much yet but Painter uses
> it so that you can point the airbrush in different directions, producing
> ellipses or circles. I had wondered what tilt was used for until I saw
> that. Very nice.

That's effect I wanted to have in our airbrush tool. I'm still working on
something better than just a timer that increases opacity when you hold
pointer in one place.

> I've managed to get it to work in krita now but something odd is going on
> as it's impossible to draw straight lines (with the brush tool). They're
> always rough and jagged, as though my hand was shaking badly. The strange
> thing is that even if I put a ruler on the pad and draw along the edge of
> that, it's still rough and jagged. Haven't investigated why yet, but it
> works fine in the gimp.

Strange -- I never had that problem when my graphire was still working -- but
that's a lot of hacking on KisPainter ago. Qt has a simple example for
tabletEvent -- does that show the same thing?

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi