Helping out with Krita

Clarence Dang dang at kde.org
Fri Mar 12 10:01:42 CET 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 07:19 pm, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Friday 12 March 2004 09:17, Clarence Dang wrote:
> Since you've started working on
> zoom, you might have ideas about how to fix the scrollbars?

What's wrong with the scrollbars?  They work fine for me - zooming and
scrolling.

> > What's the commit policy for Krita?  Is it ok to commit small-medium
> > sized changes directly and only ask before something major is done?
>
> Yes, that's about it. As long as you're just fixing things, go ahead. If
> you start on things that imply a change in design, or an extension of
> design, then it's nice to have a discussion beforehand.
Ok here's the first question :)

Is it ok to add d-pointers everywhere - not for binary compatibility but
rather for decreasing compile time.  Without a d-pointer for KisView, for
instance, I would have to recompile more than just kis_view.cc if I add a
single variable to the KisView class.  Every so often, someone with CPU to
burn :) could move the d-pointer variables into the class proper.

Clarence