Changing the default channel depth

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Mar 8 13:23:31 CET 2004

On Monday 08 March 2004 13:14, Patrick Julien wrote:

> Maybe QUANTUM needs to be always 32 bit, no matter what the color channel
> depth is.

And what if QUANTUM needs to be raised to 64 bits -- to support the output
from scanners, for instance?

> I don't want to have to define variables of different type depending on
> what channel you are working with.  That is just too much of a pain to use.

There must be some kind of a solution that doesn't demand shoehorning
everthing from bitmaps to high-end slide scans into the same thing.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi