Design ideas about iterators

Cyrille Berger cyb at lepi.org
Tue Mar 2 02:39:19 CET 2004

Hello,

I was thinking about the design of iterators.

1) I think we need two iterators, one that would deals with QUANTUM and
another with pixels data (maybe we can do a template, and we will ask the
ColorStrategy to give us the iterator)

2) operators are a big problem, because, it's clear that "=" refears to the
change of value, but operators like "==", "+=", "-=", "-" or "+" can refears
to the change of value or to the change of position (in the stl, they are
used for the position)

Description of the operators :
   =    allow the change of value (tile are access in TILEMODE_RW)
   *     give back a value (tile are access in TILEMODE_READ)
  ++   go to the next QUANTUM/pixel
   --    go to the previous pixel
I think that [ ] should not be used, it may be rather confusing.

3) some other functions :
 goNextLine()
 goNextPixel() - only for quantum iterator

Tell what's your opinion about it ?

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---