Layers, layergroups, dockwindow, preview and dynamic layersize

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Wed Jun 30 15:40:11 CEST 2004

Hi

I'm posting this to the list, since you replied to the private mail whereby
I sent you the patch.

> Maybe it would be nice to keep the width() and height() methods
> in kis_paint_device and have them return
>  x() + extentLeft()
>  y() + extentUp()

That would give the topleft corner of the layer in image coords.??

But besides that. Keeping width and height might lure someone to think the
dimension are fixed and/or relative to 0,0

btw if you grep for CBR you'll find some code commented out. Things
primarily related to the layer docker which I'll reinstate, in the very near
future Until then the menu items still work if you want to manipulate
layers. But the docker is my next item on my agenda. No need to hinder the
user for longer than nessesary.

I have also commentet out the workings of the offset ()(can't remember the
correct name) function, which eventually would go altogether. It does break
selection but please rewrite selection to disregard extent of paintdevice.
( I know you are working on selections so I thought I would let that up to
you). You should just paint all over, and not resize it either.

best regards
Casper Boemann