a new member and some small problems

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Sat Jun 26 22:03:05 CEST 2004

On Saturday 26 June 2004 21:16, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Welcome!
Thanks
> Curious -- I have no trouble compiling that file. It's not finished,
> though. I want the three buttons to provide a way to show Krita
> full-screen, full-screen with a menu bar and normal, and I got kind of
> side-tracked with other issues. So if you feel this is something to wet
> your feet with...
Well I think that you havn't committed the required changes to the view class.

> No, it's just me not paying attention. The problem is that qt designer 3.3
> is already part of SuSE 9.1, so it's what I'm using. I should hand-edit the
> .ui file to change 3.3 to 3.2, because that's all there's too, really.
OK I see

With respect to what to do I think I'll start with the layers dialog. Dispite
your comments in cvs about making an ui file and using QTable, I will choose
not to. You see I intend to make draging of layers possible. Not on canvas,
but in the dialog to rearrange the order. Photoshop has this and it is really
userfriendly. Much more so than first selecting and then hitting the up and
down arrows. I can't see how QTable would be able to do this, and since much
of the code is already written why rewrite it.

One other question: Does krita use lcms for actual colormanagement (like
photoshop). This is a really important matter if krita is ever to be used
professionally.

--
best regards
Casper Boemann