Subject: Scaling and image resolution

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Jun 17 08:55:59 CEST 2004

Well, both scaling up and scaling down works now; as does making
the image smaller without resampling; making the image larger still
has a bug somewhere that I need to iron out.

Bart -- didn't you say once you had an idea about a good resampling algorith?
I now use the simple matrix transform which doesn't give great results, but
when I tried to figure out how GraphicsMagick resamples images I got lost in
Wikipedia and Wolfram pages about Bessemer functions of the first order...
All the UI is present (although Kolourpaint's resize dialog is nicer than
mine, which is based on Photoshop 5.5), all the actions are laid, the only
thing to do is do a better scale algorithm in KisPaintDevice. The fun part,
so to say...

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi