Subject: Scaling and image resolution

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Jun 16 11:36:10 CEST 2004

(Resent, my postfix installation appears to have taken a dislike to me)

If you scale (i.e. resize with resample) an image all layers are now scaled.
There's one problem: I cannot seem to make resizing of images work (and
resizing images triggers another bug in the kis_layer_box, which should be
replaced by a qtable anyway, but that's another story). It seems date doesn't
get copied beyond the first tile if you resize an image.

Also: I discovered that images have a resolution. I've added code to kis_doc
to paint images in the right resolution (screen resolution / image resolution
* zoom factor) -- but there's lots of code that uses a simpler idea of zoom,
so that created artefacts. I've commented out this code until we get down to
fixing the rest of the zoom stuff.

By then, we can activate the new new_image.ui dialog that allows input of
resolution: I've made the default resolution 100 dpi for now. (XXX: should
check whether that works for imported images, too).

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi