Hi - I'm new...

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jul 26 08:54:54 CEST 2004

On Monday 26 July 2004 03:07, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> I think we should ask that KoMainWindow herits from KParts::DockMainWindow
> rather KParts::MainWindow, this way we could benefit from the docking
> system of KDE (like in konqueror, kate, kdevelop...)

That would be good for consistency within KDE, but I feel that it would be not
so well suited to a paint application. Kivio's auto-popup dockers are
visually nice, but still have a few bugs, as well as usability issues. For
Krita I would like to stay within Qt land until we move to Qt 4.0, when the
issue will be different again. Until that time, dragging tabs from docker to
docker is an easy win: it makes Krita work a bit more like Photoshop, making
it more usable to people used to that particular application, and it isn't
too hard to do.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi