KisIterator, quantum and pixels

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jul 5 13:51:58 CEST 2004

On Monday 05 July 2004 13:35, Adrian Page wrote:
> On Monday 05 July 2004 7:38 am, Casper Boemann wrote:

> > ANY reference or interpretation of what the
> > QUANTUMS mean should go through the colorstrategy.
>
> Yes. This is an implementation detail that should be hidden by the colour
> strategy. If all interpretation of QUANTUMS is done by the strategies, it
> makes it easier to implement things like pre-multiplied/non-pre-multiplied
> alpha, since that is just a different representation of the same pixel
> data.

Maybe we should do an investigation of all those places and try to fix them
soon; it might lead to some additions to the colour strategy api's.

> The current code does assume RGBA in some places, but that is going to be
> replaced with colour strategy code so that we can support (at least) CMYK
> in the alpha (program alpha - not pixel alpha).

Not only CMYK: Cyrilla has added grayscale (not sure whether it also has
alpha) this weekend. I have a feeling we can do without indexed colour for 1.0
release.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi