KisIterator, quantum and pixels

Adrian Page adrian at pagenet.plus.com
Mon Jul 5 13:35:08 CEST 2004

On Monday 05 July 2004 7:38 am, Casper Boemann wrote:
> ANY reference or interpretation of what the
> QUANTUMS mean should go through the colorstrategy.

Yes. This is an implementation detail that should be hidden by the colour
strategy. If all interpretation of QUANTUMS is done by the strategies, it
makes it easier to implement things like pre-multiplied/non-pre-multiplied
alpha, since that is just a different representation of the same pixel data.

The current code does assume RGBA in some places, but that is going to be
replaced with colour strategy code so that we can support (at least) CMYK in
the alpha (program alpha - not pixel alpha).

Adrian