Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Jan 21 21:30:01 CET 2004

On Wednesday 21 January 2004 20:03, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> Using the brushes is still not perfect (will be working on that tonight): I
> don't parse and use the 'parasite' that describes which brush should be
> used next.

It's better now -- still not according to the rules laid out by the parasite,
but at least the brush loops through its images, even when you draw a
connected line. Made drawing a bit slower again, though.

> optimal hack to copy the data for each brush from the combined brush; and
> I'm not satisfied with the way I handle the three types of resources in the
> resource mediator / resource server, because I duplicate a lot of code.

Haven't found a way to speed up the loading; tried one, but it made Krita
crash a lot. Because I cache alpha masks for about a hundred sizes for every
brush (to speed up pressure sensitivity resizing), Krita now also wants quite
a hefty chunk of memory. Still, in this stage of development, that's probably
acceptable.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi