Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Jan 21 00:05:40 CET 2004

I've done almost all the infrastructure for loading Gimp pipe brushes, except
the actual loading -- I say, this is one silly file format -- a rather stupid
header, one line with the name, and the next line with number of real
brushes embedded in the file (in string format, so apparently needs strtol), a
space, and a set of instructions called 'parasite' in Gimp parlance. And then
the brushes, with no indication of what starts where or how many bytes each
brush takes catted together.

Currently, the KisImagePipeBrush class is a subclass of KisResource, but that
should probably be KisBrush, so both types of brushes can go into the same
container. I think it would be best to have KisImagePipeBrush contain a list
of brushes, and then I might need to add another constructor to KisBrush, not
with a filename, but with a pointer to the start of the QValueVector that
contains the brush's bytes.

All this aint much fun... Why didn't they use a file format with a bit of
structure!

I'm not checking in right now -- nothing is broken, but then again, no
functionality has actually been added.
--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi