capability_mediator

Boudewijn Rempt boud at calcifer.valdyas.org
Mon Feb 16 23:44:35 CET 2004

On Monday 16 February 2004 23:28, Patrick Julien wrote:

> 	1) The mediator will mediate between core and ui and maybe even between
> core and tools.  Consider moving interfaces and director code from
> directory 'core' to a new directory in the root of Krita.  Concrete classes
> that bridge the 2 would remain in their current location.

I still don't have much of a feel for how code divides up in C++ -- being used
to Java packages and Python modules. I'll give this suggestion a try.

> 	2) Consider using standard containers instead of Qt based ones.  I.e.
> std::map instead of QDict.

Mmm. I thought about this, and didn't come to any firm conclusion. On the one
hand, if I'm using Qt, I might as well use all of it, and use it as fully as
possible, that gives a certain unity to the code. On the other hand, using
std gives more connection with the standard. As far as I can tell, there are
no significant performance differences. I don't know-- I'm considering, but I
could well go on considering for a long time.

> I have to admit tho, that this seems more like a global registry than a
> mediator.

I still have to get it working -- if it looks like it should be called
registry, I can always rename, and if it looks like it's useless, I can
always remove the stuff.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi