High-level pixel access methods

Patrick Julien freak at codepimps.org
Sun Feb 15 13:02:14 CET 2004

On February 15, 2004 06:59 am, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Sunday 15 February 2004 10:26, Patrick Julien wrote:
> > MAX_CHANNELS is internal to tyles... in your own painting code, it is not
> > necessary, use imgSomethingIForgetDepth() to get the number of
> > channels... This should really be part of KisPaintDevice.
>
> But doesn't the use of MAX_CHANNELS in KisPainter::fillRect make it
> impossible to use more than MAX_CHANNELS QUANTUMs per pixel? It's the only
> place where it's used, not even in the tiles code, so perhaps it isn't all
> that necessary -- if we can get rid of it, it would be an improvement, I
> think.

It doesn't mean that fillRect uses all of them, it still uses the depth of the
image.

MAX_CHANNELS means: This is the maximum number of channels an image sample can
have.  So MAX_CHANNELS might be 10, 100 or whatever, but if fillRect is
working on a RGB image, it's still only going to use 3 channels.