High-level pixel access methods

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Feb 15 12:59:55 CET 2004

On Sunday 15 February 2004 10:26, Patrick Julien wrote:

> MAX_CHANNELS is internal to tyles... in your own painting code, it is not
> necessary, use imgSomethingIForgetDepth() to get the number of
> channels... This should really be part of KisPaintDevice.

But doesn't the use of MAX_CHANNELS in KisPainter::fillRect make it impossible
to use more than MAX_CHANNELS QUANTUMs per pixel? It's the only place where
it's used, not even in the tiles code, so perhaps it isn't all that necessary
-- if we can get rid of it, it would be an improvement, I think.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi