transform, selection, paintdevice and layer relations

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Tue Dec 28 21:13:42 CET 2004

To reply to my own question, or rather give some further input, here is how
photoshop does it. I'm not saying that we should do it like that, but it is
always nice to know:

In Photoshop all transforms are done within the layer, and applies to the
selection (which is associated to the layer). If no selection is active no
transforms can be done.

Photoshop never creates another layer as a result of a transform. (AFAIK)

going back to krita for a moment, I think this is how we (intend to) do it
too.

best regards
casper