Autolayers & datamanager

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Fri Dec 24 14:53:16 CET 2004

Quoting Casper Boemann <cbr at boemann.dk>:
> Bart has developed a infinite iterator. I have outcommented it (It wasn't
> really used much), but the underlying idea is good. However my intention is
> to have an infinite paint_device instead to do the same job. Perhabs, you
> Bart could come with some insights as to how to go about this. This
> inifinite paint_device would also be useful as a replacement (or rather
> underlying structure) for the KisBackground.

The only use of the infinite iterator is, as far as I know, the floodfill
code, where it is used to fill an area with a pattern. The workings of it are
very simple: it checks if it tries iterating over the boundaries of the
underlying device, and resets the current position accordingly.

If this infinite paint_device would act the same way, it could probably just
use the same idea of resetting the position when accessing positions that are
outside the 'real' image boundaries.

Bart Coppens