Iterators, selection and a few broken things for now

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Dec 23 07:36:50 CET 2004

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> Hello,
> I am working on making the selection work with iterators, but to achieve this
> I have broken the quantum iterators (which was planed to disapear anyway), so
> functions which were relying on them would be broken (gradient, histogram and
> filling).

Okay... Histogram didn't do much useful anyway, and it was intended to make gradient
and fill more efficient when using selections anyway, so I don't think it's a problem
to temporarily break them.

> And I have move the selections stuff from KisLayer to
> KisPaintDevice, I do think that everything related to painting should be put
> in KisPaintDevice and not in KisLayer.

I have wavered for a long time where to put the selection methods -- and I still
wasn't decided, so this is okay with me.